Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Poem I Wrote For Mei-Li

Daddy's Little Girl

You are in a country so far away
Yet I see you in my mind every single day

You are the little girl I dream of each night
And the first thing I think of at dawn's early light

I can't help but wonder if you are happy or sad
Are your caretakers nice, or do they make you mad

Do they feed you enough? Are you cold? Are you warm
Do they look after you and protect you from harm

Will you like me as your Daddy or will you want to go back
Am I what you deserve, or is there something I lack

One thing I can promise is that I will do my best
To remember each day that I am truly blessed

You are the missing piece in my puzzle of life
I was meant to have three children and a wonderful wife

So enter my life Mei-Li and you will see
Just how good of a Daddy that I can be

And when you are older, no matter what age you might be
Remember, you are always "Daddy's Little Girl" to me

Love, Daddy

No comments: